"Annals of arrhythmology" is a semiannual publication of the Bakoulev Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery published by Science and Innovations LLC (Saratov, Russia). Copyright © Bakoulev Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery, Moscow, Russia and © Science and Innovations LLC, Saratov, Russia. All rights reserved.
"Annals of arrhythmology" has not asked authors of journal articles to assign us their copyright. We ask the corresponding author to grant this exclusive licence (or non exclusive for government employees) on behalf of all authors by reading our licence and inserting in the manuscript on submission the following statement:
“The Corresponding Author has the right to grant on behalf of all authors and does grant on behalf of all authors, a worldwide licence to the Publishers and its licensees in perpetuity, in all forms, formats and media (whether known now or created in the future), to i) publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the Contribution, ii) translate the Contribution into other languages, create adaptations, reprints, include within collections and create summaries, extracts and/or, abstracts of the Contribution, iii) create any other derivative work(s) based on the Contribution, iv) to exploit all subsidiary rights in the Contribution, v) the inclusion of electronic links from the Contribution to third party material where-ever it may be located; and, vi) licence any third party to do any or all of the above.”
This licence allows authors to use their own articles for their own non commercial purposes without seeking permission from us. Only if the use is commercial do we need to know about it.
Permissions for authors
Thus authors may use their own articles for the following non commercial purposes without asking our permission (and subject only to acknowledging first publication in the "AA" and giving a full reference or web link, as appropriate).
- Posting a pdf of their own article on their own personal or institutional website for which no charge for access is made.
- Making a reasonable number of copies for personal or non commercial professional use. This includes the contributor’s own teaching purposes.
- Republishing part or all of the article in a book or other publication edited by the author (except for multiple contributions in the same book or publication, for which permission needs to be sought
- Using individual figures or tables or extracts of text (up to 250 words) in other publications published by a third party.
- Using the article in a course pack or compilation (whether paper or electronic) in the authors’ institution. This does not apply if a commercial charge is made for the compilation or training programme.
Third parties: Permission to reuse
Anyone else (other than the author of a particular paper) who wants to reproduce a "Annals of arrhythmology" article needs to ask our permission. We are usually happy to give permission, though in many cases we will charge a fee.
Single copies of individual articles may be made for private use or research. Authorization does not extend to systematic or multiple reproduction, to copying for promotional purposes, to electronic storage or distribution, or to republication in any form. In all such cases, specific permission from Limited liability company «Science and Innovations» must be obtained.